Textile Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the production and development of fabrics, apparels and polymers.
Textile Engineering is a course offered in engineering, for those who want to make their careers in the textile industry.
This post describes about the top 10 Textile Engineering Colleges in India.
1. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi) is a reputed engineering college in India, which came into existence in 1961. The institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D in Textile Engineering. The admission to this institute is done on the basis of a score obtained in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
Apart from its quality education, IIT Delhi also provide facilities for Research and Development, Training and Testing.
2. Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore (GCETTS)
GCETTS is a leading textile engineering college in India, which was established in 1908. It offers B.Tech and M.Tech in Textile Technology. The admission to this institute is done through an Entrance Exam conducted by West Bengal Board of Examination.
3. Uttar Pradesh Textile Technology Institute (UPTTI), Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh Textile Technology Institute (UPTTI) is 3rd in the list of Top 10 Textile Engineering Colleges in India. Affiliated to Kanpur University, UPTTI was started in the year 1914 and presently offers several undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry, etc.
4. Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore (GCETTB)
GCETTB, a Textile Engineering College established in 1927, located in West Bengal, is among the oldest textile engineering colleges in India and offers B.Tech and M.Tech in Textile Technology.
5. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar (NITJ)
The institute is known for its excellence in B.Tech and M.Tech in Textile Engineering and Textile Technology.
6. Giani Zail Singh Punjab Technical University Campus, Bathinda (GZS PTU)
7. Manikya Lal Verma Textile and Engineering College (MLVTEC)
Next College on this list is MLVTEC, a textile engineering college started in the year 1988 and is presently a synonym of excellence in technical education. Affiliated to University of Rajasthan, MLVTEC offers B.Tech and M.Tech in Textile Technology.
8. L. D. college of Engineering
9. Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology (SCET)
10. DKTE Society’s Textile & Engineering Institute, Ichalkaranji
Last on this list is DKTE Society’s Textile & Engineering Institute, which was founded in 1982. The college offers courses in Textile Engineering and is quite popular for its placements in renowned companies.