Opened by the UK based Merlin Entertainments which will be foraying into the Indian market with the launch of Madame Tussauds in the national capital, New Delhi. Stephen Mansfield, principal sculptor artist at Madame Tussauds will be showcasing a host of disciplines such as history, leaders, music, sport, film and television stars this time in Delhi’s branch.
A team of highly skilled artist have spent close to four months in curating the replica of each single personalities with high precision and stunning artistry, which probably will be enough to entice the visitors at the museum.
Featuring some of the most popular Indian personalities like Narendra Modi, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan and many others, the Madame Tussauds fame has travelled all the way to India with its curated wax figurines.
This Delhi branch is Madam Tussauds’ twenty third globally and ninth in Asia, which is expected to open its first branch in India by June. Situated in Delhi’s historic Regal Cinema building, at Connaught Place, Madam Tussauds India is spread across two floors, and will house 50 wax figures of popular personas of India, which will be made in London and then brought to India.
Some of the Indian cine stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit, Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor already have their wax statues in other international museums. The curtain raiser event at Madam Tussauds revealed three wax statues ready one of Narendra Modi, another of Amitabh Bachchan and the third Lady Gaga till now.
Madame Tussauds is one of London’s biggest attractions, that was founded there over 200 years ago by a French sculptor named Marie Tussaud. A place where its visitors can touch, stand and pose with their favourite local and international celebrities.
Merlin Entertainments is also trying to tie up with the Ministry of Tourism’s Incredible India campaign, in order to promote Madame Tussauds Delhi as a bundled attraction apart from the other attractions in New Delhi.
The lifelike statues will have 60% figures of Indian celebrities, politicians & sportspersons and the rest 40% will be featuring international celebrities. Its waxwork has costed nearly 1.5 crore for each figure masterpiece and in order to ensure it looks realistic, the artists take more than 500 precise body measurements, and use real human hair and paint.
The museum can capacitate 500 visitors at once and the entry costs are yet to be announced, which will carry special discounts for certain sections such as students. Madam Tussauds museum opening is anxiously awaited by Indian masses at large.