Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd’s 4G launch, will be storming with its cheap data and calling packs rates, as announced on 1st September, at the company’s Annual General meeting, by RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani.
Though the commercial launch will be about three months later in 31 December, the company will start offering its services from 5 September itself.
‘Jio Welcome Offer’, can be availed by anybody who opts for Jio 4G ready SIM card and activate it using e-KYC. This new service by Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, in the map of telecom history has been introduced to offer internet and high-speed data transfer, which can be used only in VoLTE devices.
With ‘Jio Welcome Offer’, the users get unlimited 4G data access when connected to a Jio hotspot or otherwise along with unlimited free voice calling and unlimited 4G data at night.
Reliance ‘Jio Welcome Offer’ also entitles users access to a wide suite of Jio apps, such as:
- MyJio: Offering a service hub for all your mobile activity with Jio SIM. It will show users their balance and validity for data, calling and SMS packs. The app can also be used to check usage and generate detailed account statements of past 6 months. Serving as a one-stop shop for locating JioNet hotspots, it gives you access free WiFi from your WiFi balance. The app is currently the top free app on Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
- JioChat: Offering a great messaging platform to share files ( images and videos) which supports both Android and iOS devices. It also has features like voice calling and video calling, but with scopes of more advancements.
- JioMusic: Giving a competition to online streaming apps like Apple Music, Saavn, Wynk Music, Gaana etc. This app offers millions of HD songs in over 20 languages, where its users can download the songs for offline access & personalised recommendations.
- JioMoney: NFC payment gateway just like Google Pay & Apple Pay, for making and receiving payments.
- JioTV: Offering instant access to TV programmes & 300+ channels across languages and genres. It offers live TV pause and play feature too.
- JioDrive: Offering free 16GB storage cloud storage on the go with Jio account, which will also be accessible from smartphones or even desktop.
Reliance is also offering separate for entertainment, security, news and magazines, apart from the above core apps. Overall, the company has made an attempt to penetrate into the market with its additional feature of value added services and offering free apps worth Rs.15,000, in order to cater the need of its subscribers.
Creating ripples in the telecom market, the company will be widely rolling out its services for free. In the meanwhile, its services are posing threats & challenge to its rivals namely Idea, Airtel, BSNL & others. Its rivals have already started cutting rates in order to not lose out on their existing client base, and have accounted heavy losses since 2 days in the telecom market cap. Offering about three times the data for the same prices that its competitors used to, this service jolted the entire telecom industry for the benefit of Indian populace was a breaking news like never before.
With the culture of dual sim smartphone, users might tend to opt for this unique service offered by the Reliance Jio. Fuming up the price war in the telecom industry, Reliance Jio is posing tremendous pressure to its competitors to launch both monetary and service measures to retained customers.